Monday 1 March 2010

Annual General Meeting

The AGM took place last Tuesday at a packed Notts Oddfellows Club. We just about filled all the available seating.

I was re-elected as secretary so you will have to put up with my rants on the blog for another year. I would like to record my thanks to everyone who has supported the branch during the last year, especially the BEC & I am looking forward to the next one.

Mark Serwotka was inspirational as guest speaker and I would advise anyone who was unable to attend to try and hear him speak if you get the chance. He pulled no punches about how hard it would be for members over the next 12 months but was determined to lead the fightback on behalf of the membership.

We, as the ordinary members, need to make sure that we are just as resolute.

1 comment:

  1. All members need to go to the PCS website www.pcs.org.uk and see the excellent answers from Mark and Janice Godrich to the Government and management distortions.

    ReplyDelete