Wednesday 24 February 2021

NOT the PCS Latest News

All good things come to an end. Both my career and England’s form with the bat.

 

Those of you who joined me at the PCS Branch AGM will know that I no longer hold any union positions but the branch will run very well without me guided by a bunch of committed, talented reps and officers.

 

The new secretary, Tom Fall, will continue to send out the Friday e-mails.

 

Before I retire I am taking one last opportunity to thank you, the members, for your support over the years. My union work has been frustrating, hard work at times but has been the most rewarding part of my career. The satisfaction I have got from getting a good result in negotiations, winning a dispute, or getting a good outcome in a personal case will take some beating.

 

Under normal circumstances on my last day on Friday I would go down the pub with my mates.

 

Instead I will sit at home & have a few beers. If you want to join me & say hello and/or goodbye I will be on Zoom from 16:30 for a couple of hours or so.

 

Contact me or any member of the BEC for the link.

 

Remember that together we are strong.

 

And whatever you do, make a difference.

 

 

Chris Willars 
Ex-Branch Secretary PCS DWP Leicestershire Branch

No comments:

Post a Comment